Concrete Steel Cylinder Hot Tapping
What is Concrete Steel Cylinder (CSC) Hot Tapping?
Hot tapping CSC or PCCP Pipe is similar to tapping other water main types. Unlike other pipe types, CSC has multiple different layers - each layer must be addressed separately - with the correct equipment and technique.
Mickie Service Advantage
- Extensive training and experience on the very specific processes required for making PCCP taps
- Knowledge of local specs and procedures and long-standing relationships with inspection teams
- Templating service performed in advance to ensure proper material is ordered - eliminating unnecessary delays
- Full-time PM and office staff to ensure that all aspects of the service, not just the tap itself, are effectively managed
- Real-time job/installation checklists are generated and provided to our customer at the end of every job (these checklists are stored permanently by MSC, in case there is ever a question about work performed)
What Are the Benefits PCCP Wet Taps?
- Reduces system downtime
- Lowers the chance of water loss
- Convenient scheduling
- Eliminates the risk of water main contamination
- Cost-effective reduces crew service time
- Works successfully with any live, pressurized pipe
Common Applications for PCCP Hot Tapping Services
It’s often not practical or possible to take a pipe or conduit out of service to complete repairs. Therefore, concrete steel cylinder hot tapping is deployed for settings such as:
- Water or wastewater transmission lines
- Water distribution mains
- Water or wastewater treatment plants – process lines
- Power plant lines
- Industrial process lines
- Dam principal spillways