Concrete Steel Cylinder Pipeline Services
What is Concrete Steel Cylinder Hot Tapping?
A concrete steel cylinder line also known as a pre-stressed concrete cylinder pipe (PCCP) is a common type of pressure pipe used by municipalities to transport water or wastewater. Its material construction is suitable for hot tapping (often referred to as wet or pressure tapping), which is the method of making a connection to existing piping or pressure vessels without the interrupting or emptying of that section of pipe or vessel. This technique allows the system to remain operable during routine maintenance or while modifications are being made to it.
Mickie Service Advantage
- Templating service performed in advance to ensure proper material is ordered - eliminating unnecessary delays.
- Full time PM and office staff to ensure that all aspects of the service are effectively managed.
- Extensive knowledge of local specs and procedures and long standing relationships with inspection teams.
- Highly trained, experienced installation technicians.
- Real-time job/installation checklists are generated and provided to our customers at the end of every job (these checklists are stored permanently by MSC, in case there is ever a question about work performed).
We offer concrete steel cylinder pipeline services throughout:
- New Mexico
What Are the Benefits PCCP Wet Taps?
- Reduces system down time
- Lowers the chance of water loss
- Convenient scheduling
- Eliminates risk of water main contamination
- Cost effective, reduces crew service time
- Works successfully with any live, pressurized pipe
Common Applications for PCCP Hot Tapping Services
It’s often not practical or possible to take a pipe or conduit out of service to complete repairs. Therefore, concrete steel cylinder hot tapping is deployed for settings such as:
- Water or wastewater transmission lines
- Water distribution mains
- Water or wastewater treatment plants – process lines
- Power plant lines
- Industrial process lines
- Dam principal spillways