Water Main Extensions & Offsets
Water Main Extensions are installed when a site does not have service from the public water mains currently available. The water main is extended from the point at which there is sufficient service. This type of installation requires many, varied capabilities depending on the job specifics.
Water main offsets are installed primarily to enable the installation of gravity lines (sanitary and storm sewer) that would be in conflict. Mickie Service has extensive experience in these highly specialized area water main installations.
Our Water Main Offset & Extension Installation Services include:
- Permitting Service
- Coordination with Muncipaliity or Authority Having Jurisdiction to shut-off the water main to allow installation
- Integrating other water main solutions - like Line Stopping or Insertion Valve to complement the water shut-down capabilities of the applicable authority having jurisdiction
- Turnkey Installation including all excavation backfill Service Line installation
- Management of Chlorination, Testing and Inspection
Mickie Service Advantage
- Highly experienced team - permitting, installing and getting inspections on hundreds of meter installations per year
- Excellent safety procedures and capabilities - resulting in an outstanding safety record
- Dedicated project management and field staff
- Full time permitting management and extensive knowledge of permitting requirements, process steps, and "gotchas"
- Strong collaborative approach to design/installation alternatives
- Detailed Pre-Job construction review process
- Extensive working relationships with applicable inspectors
- Long-standing partnership with primary meter vault partners
Water Meter Service Areas
Mickie Service provides water meter installation and commercial hot taps in Greater Houston Municipalities that do not perform this service on their own. We also provide meter installation for MUD Operators - however, this service is performed for the MUD or District Operator - not the GC/Private Contractor