Municipal & Commercial Hot Tap & Industrial TS&V
Hot Tapping Services
Hot tapping is the method of making a new branch connection to an existing main water without interrupting service on that pipe. The primary alternative to a hot tap is shutting down the main and "cutting in a tee". There are many other commonly used names for hot tapping - including wet tapping, pressure tapping, and TS&V (short for tapping sleeve & valve).
Mickie Service company has access to a large inventory of tapping sleeves and valves and a highly trained team of technicians.
Hot Tapping Services
Mickie Service's Hot Tap machine that has a cutter with a specialized saw for our hot tapping services. We're able to offer full-service tapping solutions by providing the tapping sleeve and valve services. There is usually an uncertainty with customers when they need to provide details for the underground pipe or vessel, so Mickie Services stocks epoxy -steel, stainless steel, and MJ tapping sleeves in standards sizes to reduce this delay.
The purpose of hot tapping or why a company would prefer hot tapping services is when it's impractical to take the main pipe or vessel out of service to clean it by conventional methods. The benefits of hot tapping for pipes and vessels include zero water loss and no damages to the infrastructure.
Our primary service area for municipal and commercial hot tapping (12" and smaller) is the greater Houston area. For larger diameter and mechanical projects outside this area - please contact us and we will work with you to determine if our solutions are right for your work.
Mickie Service Municipal & Commerical Hot Tapping Advantages
- Same day or next day service - guaranteed (on standard size taps).
- Large on hand inventory of tapping sleeves and valves - to enable a quick resolution/successful installation if existing pipe type/size are different than planned.
- Full time PM and office staff to ensure that all aspects of the service, not just the tap itself, are effectively managed.
- Extensive knowledge of local specs and procedures and long standing relationships with inspection teams.
- Highly trained, experienced installation technicians.
- Real-time job/installation checklists are generated and provided to our customer at the end of every job (these checklists are stored permanently by MSC, in case there is ever a question about work performed).
Commercial and Municipal Hot Tapping
Reduces scheduling variability (no need to coordinate the authorities on water main shutdown, which can often take multiple attempts).
Eliminates the risk of water main contamination
Reduces crew service time and off-peak hours scheduling.
Saves time and costs, from start to finish.
There are several names for hot tapping that you might have seen including:
- Pressure tapping
- Industrial TS&V services
- Wet tap
We are able to work with operating pressures up to 600 psi and temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mickie Services performs hot tapping on the following main water pipe materials:
- PVC / C900
- Ductile Iron
- Cast Iron
- Asbestos Cement (AC)
- Gifford-Hill Concrete (link to Concrete Steel Cylinder Tap)
- Tap size: 1/2"-48"
- Pipe Contents
- Sanitary Sewer
- Storm Sewer
- Natural Gas
How does Hot Tapping a Pipe Work?
Pipe Diameter Capabilities
|3/4 inch||16 inch||36 inch|
|2 inch||20 inch||40 inch|
|4 inch||24 inch||44 inch|
|8 inch||28 inch||48 inch|
|12 inch||32 inch|