Mechanical Water Line Services
In 2013, Mickie Service added team members with extensive expertise in the mechanical/industrial/process market segment - complementing our historical water service capabilities. While the fundamental principles of the services are the same - there is a substantial difference in the set-up and execution of a mechanical job. Our team is highly experienced in the requirements to make these jobs successful. Some of the factors that make mechanical implementations more complex are:
- Wide Temperature Range
- Higher Pressures
- "No Leak" requirements
- Installing on scaffolding or cranes
- Very limited room for equipment
- Off-Peak work hours
With these complicating factors accounted for - we offer our core water main services:
- Hot Tapping
- Line Stopping
- Valve Insertion
Our commitment to safety, innovation and efficiency has given Mickie Service a strong reputation as a leader in the local civil construction industry, able to tackle a wide range of projects. Contact our responsive, highly experienced and bilingual team of experts to manage your next project.
Mickie Service Advantage
- Highly experienced team with mechanical water line services
- Broad array of basic service offering which can be assembled to provide the most efficient and effective repair solution
- Strong partnership relationships with contractors that can provide additional specialized skills and fast response on needed materials and equipment
- Excellent safety procedures and capabilities - resulting in outstanding safety record
- Dedicated project management and field staff
- Strong collaboratorive approach on design/installation alernatives
What is Mechanical Line Stopping?
Ideal for temporary or permanent work to be completed on pressurized piping systems, Mickie Service Company’s mechanical pipe plugs allow for isolated repairs or regular maintenance and modifications to be completed without any interruption to process flow or production or a shutdown.
Our well-maintained equipment and experienced technicians make it possible to safely and efficiently place mechanical pipe plugs or create a bypass for emergency situations and scheduled stopping of a liquid or gas flow in a pipeline at full operating pressure.
More about Mechanical Services
Common Uses for Mechanical Line Stop Services
Mechanical pipeline plugs can be performed on the following material types:
- Cast Iron
- Ductile Iron
- P.V.C. and H.D.P.E.
- Asbestos Cement / Transite
- Pre-Stressed Concrete Cylinder
- Non-Cylinder Concrete
- Stainless Steel
By using our pipe plugging equipment, isolation plugs can be installed to expedite numerous functions including:
- pipe repairs
- blocked valve additions
- piping demolition
- system alterations
- piping relocations